Hospitality Industry offers some of the most well paid jobs in the market. Whether you want to go with your existing career or switch on to a new one, hospitality sector has a wide range of exciting job opportunities. When we think about “Hospitality”, the first thing that comes in our mind will be some kind of hotel work. But this is not the case. Individuals looking for career in hotel management positions in this field can choose from a long list of viable employment sectors including travel and Tourism, Casino management, and various Food and Beverage industries. Although a little bit of practical experience will do the work, but if you truly want to go big in this sector, a proper college degree in Hospitality administration is recommended. You can build a career in hotel management courses at one of the best hotel management college in Kolkata.
The hospitality industry can provide you a myriad of opportunities which includes operating a tour company, planning events at a resort, or boarding a cruise ship as recreation director. However, the importance of college-level hospitality administration training cannot be ignored if you want to succeed in these dynamic fields.
If you are passionate about working in this industry with continued job growth you can join any college offering Hotel Management Courses. Let us look at the jobs you can avail:
The role of a general manager is to oversee all day to day operations and functions of the hotel. He has to hold meetings with all head of departments and brief them. It is his duty to ensure full implementation of Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards. He must be proficient in handling complaints and resolving customer’s grievances.
- Candidate must be a seasoned and intellectual professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Available for work when situation demands including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Degree course in hotel management or related field with excellent track record and experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel
He is in-charge of everything that comes out of the kitchen and has full control over the hotel staff at all times. He is responsible for resolving any problem efficiently to serve exceptional cuisine. His ultimate goal is to ensure the quality of dishes being served and they are served on an efficient schedule that can boost restaurant’s overall profitability. They must deal with problems that arise in kitchen and resolve them quickly.
- Strategic leadership skills
- Highly trained managerial and cooking skills
- Must have worked down the order in culinary hierarchy.
- Degree in Culinary program or a degree in hotel management will suffice
- After degree completion, start your career as a commi III and gain experience in kitchens to pave your way to ‘sou chefs’ or executive positions.
F & B Manager
The work of an F&B manager is to forecast, plan and control the ordering of food and beverages (drinks) for a hospitality property. He also looks before the management of finances related to the whole process of purchasing food and drink. He oversees the running of the restaurant and is in charge of staff in the restaurant.
- Requires great verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive
- Should be able to work well with colleagues
- Should have excellent forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Should have degree in hotel management
- Career spanning 10-15 years in similar positions in the hospitality field
The role of a housekeeping manager is to oversee the operations of the housekeeping department. Their responsibilities include:
- Hiring the staff members and arrange for their training
- Development of schedules for staff
- Purchase of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Taking care of hotel guests with specific housekeeping needs
- Worked as a housekeeper
- Appropriate experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree of hospitality management depending upon requirement
- Trained as a staff housekeeper
Career as a Front office Manager
He is supposed to register and book guests in and out while fulfilling any special requests. He must be good in handling payments and running credit checks for visitors and up sell rooms by acknowledging them about available alternatives and options. He is also responsible for maintaining a neat and clean desk area
- Experience as a front desk agent and successful history in hospitality
- Flexible work schedule is a must
- Must be a task driven individual
- Relevant degree in hospitality management
Disclaimer: – All the job positions mentioned here are in the decreasing order of hierarchical level. One may or may not be able to join a particular position directly. They have to work their way up.